Saturday, July 10, 2010

FIFA WORLD CUP

Soccer World Cup or World Cup is an international association football competition contested by the senior men of national team of the members of Federation International Football Association (FIFA). It is held every 4 years. Current World Cup is being held in South Africa and tomorrow will be the final date of World Cup. Coming World Cup will be held in Brazil.

I believe that most of the people have their own national team to be supported. I am fans for Brazil and Germany. These few weeks I was sitting alone in "mamak" store to watch the matches among the countries. I was anticipating that Brazil and Germany would go to final but it was out of my expectation. There was an amusing anecdote about the match between Germany and England. An England player struck the ball to the crossbar and eventually the ball fell beyond the goal line. The player was hilarious with his success. However, the referee did not notice and umpired that no goal was made by the player. Germany goalkeeper quickly picked up the ball and passed to his man. In the end of the game, Germany won the game with 4:1. England team was totally lost their confidence for the game.

When came to quarter-finals, I watched the match with Eric. Both of us were excited when Brazil scored 1 in the first half time. After half time, Netherlands made two strikes and eventually Netherlands got into semi-finals with the score 2:1. Both of us were freaked out with the two strikes from Netherlands to Brazil. It was out of our expectation that Netherlands had never been got into semi-finals.

A unique news arose during the game, it was about an octopus with a given name Paul which is located at a Sea Live Centre in Oberhausen, Germany. It was deployed to predict the upcoming game. The octopus has to select the food from two boxes containing food and each marked with the flag of a national football team to predict who is going to win in an upcoming football match. It was too superstitious to forecast the game in such a way. However, it made a worldwide attention due to its accurate prediction.

Tomorrow will be the final of the game. Hmm .... I am wondering which team will get the World Cup trophy but the game starts at 2.30 am (Malaysia time). There is one more concern about my job. Tomorrow I have to meet a manager from Europe. It is dull because I can't watch the match between Spain and Netherlands. I believe Spain will be the winner for the game. Hopefully, I guess correctly because I have a bet with Pang Yao brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment